FASHION OUTLETS OF CHICAGO’S
HO HO HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES 2017
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED BY, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. HOW TO ENTER: Fashion Outlets of Chicago’s Ho Ho Holiday Giveaway Sweepstakes 2017 (“Sweepstakes”) begins on Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) (Central Time – all times set forth in these Official Rules are Central Time) and ends on Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 10:00 p.m. (“Sweepstakes Period”).
Fashion Outlets of Chicago is located at 5220 Fashion Outlets Way, Rosemont, IL 60018 (the “Center”).
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Fashion Outlets of Chicago LLC (“Sponsor”), c/o Fashion Outlets of Chicago, 5220 Fashion Outlets Way, Rosemont, IL 60018.
The Sweepstakes Period consists of five (5) separate entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as outlined further in the chart below. Each Entry Period begins at 12:00 p.m. and ends at 10:00 p.m. on the same calendar day during the Sweepstakes Period, during which a new Sweepstakes post (the “Sweepstakes Post”) will be posted on the Center’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/FashionChicago (the “Center’s Facebook Page”).
To enter the Sweepstakes: (i) visit the Center’s Facebook Page from 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. during each Entry Period; (ii) locate the same day Sweepstakes Post; and (iii) comment on the same day Sweepstakes Post, providing your relevant response to the question or prompt posted (as provided below) (the “Comment”) before 10:00 p.m. of the corresponding date of the Sweepstakes Post.
If you complete the foregoing entry requirements, you will be eligible to receive one (1) entry (an “Entry”) per Entry Period into the Sweepstakes
Limit one (1) Entry per person per Entry Period. Non-winning Entries will not automatically carry forward into subsequent Entry Periods (if any). An entrant may enter the Sweepstakes for all Entry Periods, unless previously selected as a winner.
Entry Period, Entry Period Date, Sweepstakes Post Questions:
1. 12/10/2017 “What’s your favorite thing to do during the holiday season with your friends and/or family?”
2. 12/11/2017 “What store(s) at Fashion Outlets have you found the best deals at so far this holiday season?”
3. 12/12/2017 “Are you a last minute shopper or did you complete your shopping months ago?”
4. 12/13/2017 “Name three top gifts on your holiday wish list this year.”
5. 12/14/2017 “Fill in the blank: if I won a $150 Fashion Outlets Visa® Gift Card, I’d spend it at ___________ store(s).”
If multiple Comments are provided by any one person per Entry Period, only the first Comment will be considered and subsequent Comments will be disqualified. No substitution, revision or reposting of any Comment will be accepted under any circumstances once the original Comment is submitted for consideration. The Comment must be a direct post on the Sweepstakes Post; any Comment(s) posted anywhere else on the Center’s Facebook Page will be disqualified. Failure to follow the instructions, procedures and/or these Official Rules shall render the entry invalid. All Entries must be actually received by 10:00 p.m. each Entry Period. Any other attempt at entry is void. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock of the Sweepstakes. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized Facebook account holder at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted Facebook comment is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Facebook account associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid Facebook account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. In order to be eligible, your Comment must comply with these Official Rules (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), including, without limitation, the Comment Requirements provided below.
Entry via Facebook requires a Facebook account. Obtaining a Facebook account is free of charge. Registration for and use of www.facebook.com is subject to Facebook’s terms and conditions, and Sponsor has no responsibility with respect to such registration or use.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Official Rules are available on the Center’s Facebook Page or at Guest Services at the Center.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Only legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry are eligible to enter (if under the age of 18, with parent/legal guardian consent). Employees, officers, directors (and their immediate family members and members of their same households) and agents and representatives of (i) the Center, (ii) Sponsor, or (iii) The Macerich Company or The Macerich Partnership, L.P. or any of their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiary companies (collectively, “Macerich”) and employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of (i) the merchants of the Center, (ii) prize suppliers, or (iii) any advertising or promotion agencies that do business with Macerich are not eligible to win.
3. COMMENT REQUIREMENTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretation of these Official Rules by Sponsor, and further warrants and represents that his/her Comment:
a. is a relevant answer or response to the question asked or prompt on the Sweepstakes Post;
b. does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
c. does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
d. will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; ande. is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic, offensive or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- Explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity;
- Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols;
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
- Content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behavior or conduct;
- Personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail);
- Conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules;
- Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of Sponsor;
- Any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos, unless the necessary permissions/licenses have been obtained; and
- Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
By entering the Sweepstakes and submitting a Comment, each entrant: (i) grants to Sponsor, in perpetuity, a world-wide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Comment, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Comment in favor of Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent or related companies, its advertising or promotional agencies, and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. For greater certainty, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any Comment from the Center’s Facebook Page if a complaint is received with respect to the Comment, or for any other reason.
4. SWEEPSTAKES LIMITS: You may only use your personal Facebook account (your “Account”) to enter. There is a limit of only one (1) Entry per person per Entry Period. If it is discovered that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Entry per person per Entry Period during the Sweepstakes Period; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) Account to enter the Sweepstakes; then (in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion) he/she may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and all of his/her Entries are subject to disqualification by Sponsor. Any Entry you attempt to submit will be rejected if (in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion) it is not submitted and received during the Sweepstakes Period. Use (or attempted use) of any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Sweepstakes is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by Sponsor. All entries and entrants are subject to verification for compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Sweepstakes and/or proof of compliance (in a form acceptable to Sponsor) with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or, as applicable, the operation of the website or the Center’s Facebook Page, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. Such a person will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
5. PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: A total of five (5) winners will be selected (one (1) winner for each Entry Period). The prizes (each a “Visa Gift Card”) for each Entry Period are as follows:
Entry Period, Entry Period Date, Prize, Approximate Retail Value:
1. 12/10/2017: $50 Visa Gift Card, $50.00 USD value
2. 12/11/2017: $75 Visa Gift Card, $75.00 USD value
3. 12/12/2017: $100 Visa Gift Card, $100.00 USD value
4. 12/13/2017: $125 Visa Gift Card, $125.00 USD value
5. 12/14/2017: $150 Visa Gift Card, $150.00 USD value
There is a limit of one (1) prize per person for all sweepstakes, contests, competitions and promotions conducted by the Center in the same calendar year. Terms and conditions may apply to the Visa Gift Card. No substitution or cash equivalent of the Visa Gift Card (or portion thereof) is permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Visa Gift Card (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion. The Visa Gift Card is nontransferable. The winners agree to accept his or her Visa Gift Card “as is.” A lost or stolen Visa Gift Card will not be replaced.
See Cardholder Agreement for details, terms, conditions and (if applicable) fees. Visa Gift Card is issued by Sunrise Banks, N.A., St. Paul, MN 55103, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. The Visa Gift Card may be used only at merchants in the U.S. and District of Columbia everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
Odds of winning the Visa Gift Card depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period.
6. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: After each Entry Period during the Sweepstakes Period, a winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible and qualified entries received during each respective Entry Period from 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor shall administer and run each drawing. The selected entry (the “Potential Winner”) will first be notified via Facebook message, or email, and/or Facebook post with the Potential Winner’s name on the Center’s Facebook Page at 12:00 p.m. (noon) on the following day (collectively, the “Winning Notification”). Accounts must have privacy settings set to receive private messages The Potential Winner will have forty-eight (48) hours to respond to the Winning Notification using the contact information provided in the Winning Notification to verify eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The Potential Winner may need to provide Sponsor with contact information (first name, last name, address, phone number and/or email address) and/or answer any initial questions to determine eligibility. If the Potential Winner is a minor, he or she must obtain parent/guardian consent (see Rule 12 for more information). In the event the Potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, the Potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. To the extent applicable, if the Winning Notification returns as undeliverable, or if Potential Winner fails to respond within the prescribed time, such will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for communication problems of any kind. Sponsor is under no obligation to select an alternate winner. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the qualified winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant expressly grants Sponsor the right to state or post the entrant’s name on the Center’s Facebook Page if selected as a Potential Winner/winner.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Visa Gift Card will only be awarded to a verified winner. Upon verification of eligibility and satisfaction of all other requirements, the winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and (where legal) a Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”) and provide valid photo identification (i.e., driver’s license, passport) before receiving his or her Visa Gift Card. If the Affidavit/Release is not delivered in person, it must be notarized. If any Potential Winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Affidavit/Release prior to receiving the Visa Gift Card, the Potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. The winner may pick up his or her Visa Gift Card at Guest Services at the Center during regular Center hours and must present a valid ID at such time. If winner requests the Visa Gift Card to be delivered, the winner must provide in writing an address where an authorized person can sign for the Visa Gift Card. Winners must return the Affidavit/Release no later than December 28, 2017, or else shall be disqualified. The winner is solely responsible for all taxes as it relates to his or her Visa Gift Card, including applicable sales and income taxes. To the extent applicable, any forms required by the appropriate taxing authority must be completed prior to delivery of the Visa Gift Card, including a W-9 tax form and a copy of social security card (relates to any prize equal to or exceeding $600 in value). An IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of the Visa Gift Card as earned income will be issued as appropriate.
8. ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE: Except where prohibited by law, by accepting his or her Visa Gift Card, the winner grants Sponsor, Macerich, prize suppliers and their respective partners, licensees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, related companies and successors, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, attorneys and agents (collectively, the “Sponsor Entities”) the universal and perpetual right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, reproduce, display, distribute and broadcast, and to grant others the right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, reproduce, display, distribute and broadcast the winner’s Comment, name, actual or simulated likeness, photograph, image, voice, portrait, picture, personal characteristics, biographical information and other personal identification in any and all languages, formats, and media now known and hereafter developed, in connection with the websites, Sweepstakes and/or any Sweepstakes-related activity and any and all advertising, promotion, marketing, and/or publicity thereof, including all ancillary and subsidiary rights therein, without additional consideration.
9. OFFICIAL RULES: This Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules which will be available on the Center’s Facebook Page or at Guest Services at the Center during the Sweepstakes Period. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes, or the Sweepstakes itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decision is binding and final in all respects.
10. DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete, stolen, illegible, misdirected, deleted, destroyed or altered entries; or for any mail, computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, errors, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Websites/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention or access to the websites, as applicable. Proof of entering information at the Center’s Facebook Page or of deposit into U.S. mail, as applicable, is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information. If by reason of any error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised prize. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify any sweepstakes, game or drawing not capable of completion as planned, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical or other failures of any sort, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor.
11. RELEASE: By participating, entrants on behalf of themselves and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns hereby knowingly and voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish, and agree that they will not assert or maintain against the Sponsor Entities, those involved in the development, production (including prize suppliers, contractors, service providers), implementation and distribution of this Sweepstakes, all participating merchants and their designated agents and any other person or entity associated with such entities and/or this Sweepstakes, the Facebook platform, administrator, advertising and promotional agencies, and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, attorneys, or agents (collectively, “Sponsors’ Companies”), any claim, action, suit or demand of any kind or nature whatsoever, whether known or unknown now or in the future, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize in any way (including any tax liabilities). Entrants hereby further agree that Sponsors’ Companies are not responsible or liable for, and that entrants will indemnify, defend, release, and hold Sponsors’ Companies harmless from and against, any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees) of any nature whatsoever whether known or unknown now or in the future, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize in any way (including any tax liabilities). Entrants hereby acknowledge that they may hereafter discover facts different from or in addition to those which they now know or believe to be true and agree that this release will remain effective notwithstanding.
12. PARENT/GUARDIAN CONSENTS. If a winner is under the age of eighteen (18), their parent or legal guardian must execute documentation to acknowledge, consent to, confirm, and approve the terms of these Official Rules and the Affidavit/Release, and must submit to Sponsor such documentation at the time the respective winner submits his or her Affidavit/Release.
13. WINNERS LIST/RULES: The name of the winners may be obtained after December 14, 2017, by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to be received before January 14, 2018, to: Fashion Outlets of Chicago’s Ho Ho Holidays Giveaway Sweepstakes - Winner, Fashion Outlets of Chicago, 5220 Fashion Outlets Way, Rosemont, IL 60018, Attn: Marketing Manager.
For a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to be received before January 14, 2018, to: Fashion Outlets of Chicago’s Ho Ho Holidays Giveaway Sweepstakes - Official Rules, Fashion Outlets of Chicago, 5220 Fashion Outlets Way, Rosemont, IL 60018, NY 14304, Attn: Marketing Manager.
14. GOVERNING LAW: Except to the extent pre-empted by federal or other applicable state law, this Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois (without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof). By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between entrant and Sponsor, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in Illinois having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof.
Your Privacy Rights
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time and any such changes will become effective immediately upon posting on www.macerich.com. Any changes to this Policy will be available at the customer service facility and/or mall office at our centers and/or on this web page. By continuing to use the Site, or by otherwise submitting any information to Macerich, after any such Policy change, you are consenting to the Policy, as amended.
The core of our Policy is this: Macerich will not knowingly release, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third party without your permission, except (i) to our merchants and/or business partners, (ii) if we believe in good faith that the law requires it or in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority, (iii) to protect the safety of employees, users and/or the public at large, and (iv) to protect our own rights and properties. We may also transfer your personal information to a third party in the event of a corporate transaction or restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger or other transfer of assets) without your permission. Macerich considers “personal information” to include, without limitation, name, e-mail address, home or mailing address, phone number, birth date, anniversary date, gender, and other personally identifiable information you may provide to Macerich via the Site or otherwise (“Personal Information”).
What Information We Collect, How We Use It and With Whom We May Share It
Macerich collects only Personal Information that is submitted on a voluntary basis from individuals 13 years of age or older. For those individuals under 13 years of age, parental or guardian consent is required. In order to take advantage of some of our features, programs or events you may need to register and/or provide Personal Information before you can participate.
For example, in order to participate in our Corporate Gift Card program, we ask that you complete our VisaGift Card Corporate Pre-Order Form. If you choose to complete this form, you may provide to us your first and last name, company name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, information regarding how the gift cards will be used, type of payment method and gift card value(s) for which you are interested.
In addition, you may choose to send us a request for information via our Request Information Form on the Site. Via the Request Information Form, we request that you provide to us your first and last name, title, organization name, investor type, mailing address, phone number, facsimile number, email address and any information you choose to provide in the text of your message.
We will use this Personal Information to respond to an inquiry from you or address a request submitted by you (including contacting you directly to request additional information to process your inquiry or request), and/or to send you e-mails, newsletters or other communications and to inform you about sales, specials, programs, events, promotions, services, products or other opportunities that might interest you.
We may share your Personal Information with our merchants and/or business partners so that they are able to contact you and make you aware of similar events and opportunities. You should note that we do not control these operators or their policies with respect to use of Personal Information, and that if you do not wish to receive communications from them, you should contact them directly. Further, we will disclose information we maintain, including Personal Information, when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority.
We also collect certain other, non-personal information, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, mobile carrier, Internet Service Provider, and browsing patterns on our website, and receive the URLs of sites from which you arrive and leave our Site, which we may use or disclose in any manner. This data may be used to analyze trends, administer the Site, track the user’s movement on the Site in the aggregate and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use by us and third parties.
In addition, your Personal Information and/or non-personal information may be used to display targeted advertisements on the Site based on such information. By way of example, Macerich uses Google Display Advertising data to improve the experience of our Site for our users. These display features enable Google to collect data about our users via Google advertising cookies, anonymous identifiers and other data collected through Google’s standard analytics implementation. We respect your privacy and, if you wish, you may opt out of Google’s tracking features at any time via https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Macerich, its merchants and business partners, like many companies, may also use locational beacons, also called web bugs and clear GIFs, or other similar tracking technologies to help monitor activity on their websites. Unlike cookies, web beacons and other similar tracking technologies we may use on our Site do not store information on your computer.
Use of Other Mobile Data Technology in Macerich Mall Properties
Though not a feature of our Site, Macerich may also use in Macerich’s mall properties locational beacons that transmit a signal to mobile device with a mobile application, which may result in your receiving messages or other content targeted to you, with a goal of improving your shopping experience. These web beacons may collect a unique identifier for your mobile device and non-personally identifiable location-based data, including entry onto a Macerich property and time stamps of your journey within the property as permitted by applicable law (i.e. the time you reach a beacon and how long you are in a mall). If and to the extent you have consented to such collection by our service provider, in accordance with their terms and conditions, the service provider may also collect other types of non-personally identifiable information from you.
Via video cameras positioned throughout a Macerich mall property, we may also photograph you and analyze such photographs to determine your path through our property and/or to assess demographic data related to you, such as your age or gender. We may use such information for marketing, strategic and security purposes. Due to the nature of such technology, you are unable to opt out of being photographed or videotaped while on any Macerich mall property.
Further, we may employ in the Macerich malls other mobile data technology to track your path of travel, assess the duration of time you are on our property, count the total numbers of shoppers by hour, by entrance and other zones within the property, and detect whether you are a repeat visitor and the frequency of your visits. Specifically, if you are carrying a smartphone or other mobile device onto one of our properties, we may determine and then track the location of such device by observing Wi-Fi or Bluetooth signals broadcast from the device and logging the unique number assigned to such device when it was manufactured (known as a “MAC address”), together with the time, signal strength and location of the observing sensor. This may be accomplished using Wi-Fi access points from any guest Wi-Fi we may offer at the property, regardless of whether you use such Wi-Fi, and/or via Wi-Fi sensors provided by a Macerich service provider. We use such information for marketing, strategic and security purposes.
To avoid any collection of data by means of such mobile device detection technology, you (i) should ensure all mobile devices you may be carrying are fully powered off at all times while on our property AND (ii) opt not to use any guest Wi-Fi service we may make available at the property.
Please note we do not intentionally direct collection of data, via any beacons, video cameras or other mobile data technology described in this section, toward children under the age of 13. To the extent images of children we believe to be under 13 are captured by our video cameras, Macerich does not retain such images. Please note, however, that we do collect IP addresses as noted above, without regard to age.
Requests for Changes to Use of Personal Information
You always have the option to change your mind about receiving communications from us, or to review, change or update any of your Personal Information, and to review our disclosures of your Personal Information by e-mailing us at DataCustSvc@macerich.com or contacting the customer service facility and/or mall office at the applicable center directly, and submitting the appropriate changes.
While Macerich maintains internal controls, including firewalls and other security features, to control unauthorized access to Personal Information, we cannot guarantee our ability to prevent unauthorized access.
Any sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, including rewards programs and text messaging programs (collectively, “Promotions”) that may be offered via the Site or otherwise will be governed by a separate set of rules or terms and conditions that, in addition to describing such Promotion, may have eligibility requirements, restrictions, terms and conditions governing the Promotion, use of submissions you make, and disclosures about how your Personal Information may be used. It is your responsibility to read such rules or terms and conditions to determine whether or not you are eligible and want to participate, register and/or enter, according to each Promotion’s rules or terms and conditions. By participating in any Promotion, you will become subject to those official rules or terms and conditions, and you agree to comply with and abide by such rules or terms and conditions, and the decisions of the sponsor(s) identified therein, if applicable, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
If you link to a third-party site from the Site, any information you submit or reveal on that site is not subject to this Policy. You should review the privacy policies of each site you visit. Macerich does not control any third-party site or their privacy practices, and Macerich is not responsible for the content or practices of any sites that may be linked to Macerich’s Site.
Protecting children is important to Macerich. The Site is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from such children. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 13 years of age.
If you are a parent or guardian who believes we have inadvertently collected your child’s Personal Information, you may contact us to request the removal of such child’s Personal Information from our database at any time by e-mailing us at DataCustSvc@macerich.com or contacting the customer service facility and/or mall office at the applicable center directly. Please note, however, that Personal Information inadvertently collected about a child may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after a request for deletion of that child’s account. This may be the case even though no information about that account remains in our active user databases.
Your California Privacy Rights
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, our privacy protection practices, or your dealings with us, please feel free to contact us by sending an e-mail to DataCustSvc@macerich.com or contact the customer service facility and/or mall office at the applicable center directly.
Last Updated: June 30, 2017
Copyright © 2017 The Macerich Company