Johnston & Murphy is hiring a Part-Time Sales Associate!
At Johnston & Murphy we believe that attributes are as important as experience and that who you are is as important as what you know. We believe that it’s the intangibles that make people and organizations special. Towards that end we have created a culture around an attributes based people model called P.R.I.D. E.
Passion – Personally dedicated to being the best; conveys enthusiasm for the organization with a “can do” attitude; never gives up.
- Consistently meet deadlines
- Use J&M sales tools to implement and obtain sales objectives
- Utilize all available resources to improve performance and to further educate yourself
Represents the Brand – Acts as an ambassador for the brand to the outside world; creates a store environment representative of a premium brand; adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values.
- Assist in the implementation of visual guidelines, window changes and maintaining store appearance
- Adhere to personal presentation guidelines
- Consistently deliver World Class Service and use proper phone etiquette
Interpersonal Skills – Effective communicator within the organization; builds lasting and productive relationships with co-workers.
- Build lasting and productive relationships with store team, region and company
- Assist in the implementation , utilizing and certifying the team in all training programs
- Effective communication skills
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Implement your personal PRIDE Performance Plan
Delivers Results – Achieves financial goals; manages profitability through personal and team performance; executes company priorities.
- Meet and exceed personal sales plans
- Meet and exceed personal sales metrics
- Assist in protecting company assets including accurate inventory and cash management
Edge – Can effectively initiate and manage change; makes good decisions based on analysis and knowledge; conveys sense of urgency and moves issues to closure.
- Identify trends through shopping the competition and other trend resources
- Utilize all J&M training tools to maximize results
- Report HR issues to manager or supervisor immediately
- Retail Sales preferred
- A desire to succeed in a fast-paced business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- The ability to work a schedule that is flexible and conducive of a retail environment