Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
• We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
• The Center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
• We have reduced the hours of operation for our HVAC system to lower our carbon footprint without negatively impacting our shoppers or retailers.
• Housekeeping uses water ionizing floor cleaning machines, which use no detergents.
• Most of our Center’s trash is sorted and placed in two separate compactors: one for recyclables and another for wet waste such as food.
• The Center has eliminated paper towels in all restrooms in order to decrease paper consumption and paper waste
• The Center has installed a white sure-flex PVC roof membrane which is Energy Star rated and LEED Certified for solar reflectivity.
• Our elevators and escalators are among the newest and most energy efficient on the market.
Puma x First Mile: Plastic into Product
Shop the PUMA x FIRST MILE Collection, Today! PUMA x FIRST MILE isn't just about turning plastic i...